Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Sociocultural Aspects of Schooling for ELs



An action I will take to address a social issue that high school English learner face is the lack of communication with parents who have little to no English.  I could offer to help other teachers who don’t speak Spanish to call the parents of their students.  I could help to call the parents to communicate something or to ask for information.  As for my own students, I would try to maintain communication with their parents.  For parents that don’t speak Spanish, I would do my best to send them reminders or information that is to the point and as easy to read as possible.  For example, many parents don’t know about events at school like back-to-school night.  I would reach out to mu student’s parents to invite them to come and make extra time for them to talk to me individually to help explain if there is something they couldn’t understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment