Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

Blog Post 5


This semester, I have been surprised by the literacy levels of my students.  They are able to read simple sentences.  They can understand what they are reading.  They remember vocabulary fairly well when they are terms that we use in class often but forget some of the terms they don’t use a lot.  However, they are not able to write their own sentences without making structural errors or spelling mistakes.  When it comes to writing, they struggle to write without using some prompt or looking at examples.

September 30, 2013
My literacy-rich classroom will look like students will be reading at elementary level in Spanish.  I want to find books that my students can use in class or pictures to create stories.  Students have difficulty with writing and I plan to have them get a lot of practice.  My students will be engaged in group activities.  They will be participating in ways that they collaborate with each other.  My students will be reading short stories and I will check for understanding. 

December 15, 2013
My literacy rich classroom looks like my students will have learned more vocabulary and be able to have a better understanding of the Spanish language.  My students are engaged in projects and group activities in which they see how the material is relevant in real life.  They will be reading more and have a better understanding will less of the teacher’s assistance.  They will be writing more, with less spelling errors.  They will be discussing current events using the vocabulary they have accrued. They will be discussing how they plan to use their knowledge of Spanish outside of school. 

May 30, 2014
My literacy classroom looks like my students can read more material.  My students are engage in activities where they share information with each other.  They also contribute to each other’s learning.  My students are capable of independent learning in the following areas: looking up new words, explaining and answering using their limited vocabulary to questions related to the material.  Students are capable of communicating their basic needs in Spanish.  

No comments:

Post a Comment